Monday, February 8, 2010

Done! (Sort of)

I haven’t been writing in my journal as much as I would like because although I’m using the Smart Board in other classes, I’m trying to keep my focus on my inquiry project which deals with writing. Last week was a really hectic week. It was Catholic Schools Week which means that nothing goes according to a normal schedule and most classes are interrupted for one reason or another. I spent the week’s language classes taking kids individually and going over their speech with them and then typing it for them. Yes, I know they should probably type it themselves but I don’t have a month to get this done and I am much faster. Plus, they type for homework 2 times a week so they are decent enough. So there wasn’t much Smart Boarding going on in language. I bet there are ways I could have integrated it but to be honest with myself I was just stressed to get this done. Sometimes I feel a little TOO much pressure to use the board. This is pressure I put entirely on myself because it is certainly not coming from my boss. It does come from students at times though. They get disappointed when I tell them I don’t have a SB lesson for them. I think that speaks highly of the board itself. I would have loved to let kids explore with it while I was helping kids get finished up with speeches but unfortunately I only have the one computer to connect it with. So anyway, that’s why I haven’t written more. Over the next few weeks we’ll be practicing and that won’t require using the board much either. Maybe I’ll take a side journey into my use of the board in other subject areas.

No comments: