Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crisis

After some preparation, I decided we would do a very streamlined, mini webquest using the Smart Board. I wanted the kids to find interesting facts about the White House and I felt the SB would be a great way to go about doing it. I found this neat tool on Scholastic http://www.scholastic.com/kids/president/ called “If You Were President”. We got through the first part of the lesson using the Scholastic site and then we were moving on to look at the White House website. Well down went the Internet. We have some issues with our Internet connections here at the school. Part of it might be older equipment but mostly it’s an issue with the Internet service so it’s not really anything that we can control. So here I am totally stuck without a lesson to do with my kids. I had pulled some library books and so I ended up resorting to that but I was frustrated and the kids were frustrated that a promising lesson had to be postponed.

So there is one major problem. We need to get our internet service worked out.

No comments: