Thursday, November 12, 2009

Finding a Groove

We’re getting more and more used to the Smart Board in our daily routine. Instead of the kids always asking if we’re going to use the board in class they are starting to just expect it. I’m feeling some personal pressure to make sure the board lives up to their expectations but I realize that by itself it’s just a fancy piece of electronics and it’s up to me to guide the lessons to make sure they are getting everything out of it that they should. I have found several downloadable Smart Notebook presentations but the greatest find for me has been from the BBC website. It’s called “Treasure Hunt” and if the kids answer the subject/verb agreement question correctly they get to hunt for treasure. They’re actually getting pretty good at it and it’s definitely the first time they’ve ever begged me to do something this academic!

Here’s a link to the site.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/words/grammar/sentencebasics/verbsubjectagreement/game.shtml

No comments: