Monday, November 9, 2009

In Their Own Words

I'm trying to get my data together in anticipation of what I might be doing next semester in my graduate class. I am hoping that the final Practicum assignment will be open ended enough that I can apply my work on studying the SMART Board and how it helps my kiddos. Since I already kinda started on this project during the current semester, I have an idea about where I want to go with it but what I've already done is only the tip of the iceberg. Just to be prepared I asked my students a few questions so I could record their attitudes towards the SB. Here's a record of what they said:

We have had the Smart Board for 2 weeks. What are some of the things you like about it?

It’s awesome
It can do everything.
I like touching the board
When you write it feels funny.
I like to use my finger to write on the board.
I like using the Internet on the board.
It’s more fun to do stuff on the board than in (text) books.
We had one in my old school, so it’s not that neat to me.
When I missed class Mrs. Bennett printed out the stuff I missed. That was cool!

What are some things you don’t like about it?

It’s really big. It makes the room feel smaller.
The thing sticks out funny (The projector)
Sometimes it’s hard to write on it.
If someone touches the board when you are trying to use it, it won’t work.
People get really noisy when we use the smart board. Sometimes people get out of their seats when they’re not supposed to.


How do you think this will change your learning?

It will help us understand more.
Mrs. Bennett will be able to show us stuff instead of just saying it.
We can see things right in front of us instead of having to always read it.
I think it will make learning better and more interesting than before.
Sometimes books are boring but when we use the board it’s easy to pay attention.
Everyone likes using the board because it’s the best. We’re the luckiest class in the whole school.
It might make me get all As.
I think my parents might buy me one cause it helps me learn better.

What are you most looking forward to doing with the board?
I don’t know
Playing games
Watching movies
I don’t know everything it does.
Drawing pictures on the board.
Using books less than before.

No comments: